Game 4 Red Wings Win 6-5 at Columbus Blue Jackets

Just before 2 and a half minutes into the first period Jonathan Erickson got called for roughing, although I failed to see exactly how. Columbus Blue Jackets player #15 Dorrsett missed Erickson who evaded a hit and Dorsett missed crashing into the boards. Which in turn Dorsett tried to retaliate and somehow Erickson gets the call.
So Torres and Dorsett get to sit in the penalty box but with only one call against the Blue Jackets officially.

With that we got our chance when Rafalski stole the puck and passed it to Nicolas Lidstrom who took a shot from the top of the circle, which Steve Mason did stop but gave up a rebound that somehow deflected off his own player #51 Tyutin to open up the scoring 1-0.

# 20 Kristian Huselius at 13:49 left in the first period scores a ripping shot to tie the game 1-1.
Thomas Holmstrom hanging out in front of the net as usual scores making it 2-1 assisted by Pavel Datsyuk and Brad Stuart.

Dan Cleary gets a rebound off the boards, then stuffs it in after a shot by Kopecky also assisted by Valtteri Filppula making it 3-1.
A spectacular save by Chris Osgood at the end of the first period with 56 seconds left. In my opinion it's the save of the game!

Rick Nash scores. It's now 3-2 early in the second period.

RJ Umberger ties the game at 3-3 but then about a minute and a half later Marion Hossa scores to take the lead again! Assisted by Kronwall 4-3
8:32 left in the second period Marion Hossa scores again assisted by Lidstrom Holmstrom .Marion Hossa has 2 goals and 2 assists this game. 5-3


Kris Russell scores his first career playoff goal! 5-4

Modin scores and the game is tied again at 5-5!




Then in the third period with about 47 seconds left,
. Jiri Hudler crazy trying to take on the front of the net by himself with three Blue Jackets all over him creates a scoring chance for Johan Frazen to score the winning goal.







Wings sweep the Blue Jackets 6-5!

About my predictions earlier? I know I was a bit off considering there isn't shootouts in the playoffs.(thanks to a friend that emailed me letting me know I was incorrect) Even though I think that rule should change but that is my opinion, I seem to remember shootouts in the past?
Anyways Nash scored,holmstrom scored and Marion Hossa actually had two goals, not just one. Just the opposite of Nash who only scored once, not twice. Finally my prediction for Pavel Datsyuk to score, that didn't come through but I think it was wishful thinking more than anything, on my part. He did get an assist and that's just as good sometimes. Very Exciting game! At least I did predict that much...

Here are the entire highlights from Game 4 Red Wing Vs. Jackets...

No comments:




The Legends Of Red Wing Hockey